Friday 30 December 2016

Neck warmer for Doug

This pattern is written here more so I can remember what I did than so anyone else can do it.

I used size 3.5 needles and a cashmere wool that took that size needle.

Cast on a factor of 11 plus 14 stitches
This scarf is 44 + 14 = 58 (which gives 5 cables)
Knitted on 3.5 needles

Knit 4 rows
right side     k4      p6 (k5 p6)      repeat 4 times p6 k4
wrong side  k3 p1 k6 (p1 k3 p1) repeat 4 times  k6 k3 p1

every 6th row do a c6b on the right side k6
Knit 4 rows

For this scarf I made some button holes before the final knit section. This was done in the sections between the cables by doing k2tog on one right side row then a yarn over above it on the wrong side row.

The scarf hasn't been finished off in these two photos so there are threads hanging out which will be sewn in.


I actually changed where the buttons go between the first photo and the 2nd so it fitted better.






No comments:

Post a Comment